Good-Bye From Lawry &
Thanks for so Many Good Years!
Lawry's Tavern . . .
. . . a family owned business
since it opened
June 1, 1937 in its present location, (previously
located across the street in Lincoln Turner Hall from 1934-1937)
then taken over by
their son Lawrence A. Price in October 1959.
Always a family business,
for two generations all family members have done their part:
(father) – an owner for more than 22 yrs.
(mother) – an owner, cook, cleaner, and fill in bartender for
almost 50 yrs.
(current owner) - has done every job there is to do for
(wife/present owner) – filled in bartending, waitressed and
cooked for almost 20 yrs.
(daughter) – a dishwasher then waitress for almost 10 yrs.
(son-in-law) – a substitute cook.
(granddaughter) – a calendar stuffer, table setter, busser and
– a calendar
stuffer, table setter, busser and dishwasher.
(son) – a bus-boy/glass washer to start, grew up into a
substitute cook and fulltime bartender.
(daughter) – a dishwasher and table busser for (9 yrs), also
grew up to bartend, waitress and cook. Still fills in as
(sister) – a helper with everything from her youth cutting the
french fries through the present bussing tables.
master dish/glass washer (no silverware-please) and all
bartender and all around helper.
Pictured: Lawry, Jackie, Veronica, Stephen &
Tina, Lawry, and Lawry, 1939.